so I don’t forget.
1. Open your photograph in Photoshop.
2. Color correct your photo layer however you like to color correct, perhaps a bit of contrast or color balance or selective color, whatever.
3. Duplicate the photo layer.
4. Use the filter “Gaussian Blur” on the duplicated layer. For a photo of this size, set the radius to 5 pixels. For much larger photos, you can go much higher with radius size.
5. Set the duplicated, blurred layer to “multiply” either through the pull-down at the top of the layers palette or by double-clicking the layer and setting the General Blending, Blend Mode.
6. The result will be a little dark and you can play around with curves or lightness or whatever technique you want to use to lighten the photo.