75 Questions to get to know me
1. What facial feature do you find the most attractive on others?
i like the eyes, but can get really distracted one way or the other by really good or bad teeth. go figure.
2. Would you vote for a woman candidate for president?
i would. and i hope i can someday. but, of course, i would pass it up if she were crazy conservative on certain issues.
3. Would you marry for money?
no. didn’t. wouldn’t.
4. Have you had braces?
5. Do you pluck your eyebrows?
not so much. occasionally if i am doing makeup for a show or something i’ll pluck a random stray.
but not as a habit.
6. Do you ever cut or hurt yourself?
I have, but it didn’t get out of control and I think it was mostly my morbid curiousity. “what happens if i do this???”
7. When was the last time you had a hickey?
have no clue.
8. Have you ever been in a fistfight?
not really. but i did bloody a guy’s nose after he punched me in the gut. let’s just say it ended there.
9. Do you use ICQ, AOL Buddy list etc..?
eh. i have usernames everwhere. right now i am most frequently on AIM.
10. If so, how many people are on your list(s)?
10-12 on each. 2 or 3 that i talk to.
11. If you could live in any past time period, which would it be?
The 20’s maybe? I can glamorize really early time periods, but i am not one for the stench.
I went through a colonial america phase in elementary school that had me reading by candlelight for weeks. yes, i have always been this odd.
12. If you could live in any fictitious land, what would it be?
I know I’ll think of one later, but I am stumped at the moment.
13. Do you wear shoes in the house or take them off?
no shoes no shoes NO SHOES
14. What is your favorite fruit?
grapes, asian pears, nectarines
15. Do you eat wheat bread or white?
any. i loooooove bread. screw a low carb diet. I like whole grain breads that are really hearty though.
16. What is your favorite place to visit?
London. hands down. St. Augustine, FL has been good for many repeat visits. . .
17. What is the last movie you saw?
Connie & Carla. Nia Vardalos rules my world.
18. Do you kiss on the first date?
I think it depends. I don’t think I’ve been on a “first date” with anyone I didn’t already know.
But it’s not something I think people should rule out. 😉
19. Are you photogenic?
I was told so alot as a kid. When I’m not self conscious. I think I would have to see someone that is “not” photogenic to be able to compare.
20. Do you dream in color or black and white?
usually muted color. Occasionally very vivid.
21. Are you wearing fingernail polish?
22. Do you have any dimples?
23. Do you remember being born?
what?! I do have very early memories, but even if I thought I remembered my birth I wouldn’t say so.
Not interested in adding to my freak status currently.
24. Why do you take surveys?
boredom. and they make me think about myself in a way that I don’t usually.
25. Do you drink alcohol?
26. Did you like or do you like high school?
on the whole, no. it was a waste of time academically. but i had some good times during those years.
27. What is the most beautiful language?
I love to look at Finnish. I love to hear Greek.
28. When you are asleep do you like being kissed awake?
You know that’s not an experience I have had.
29. Do you like sunrises or sunsets the most?
30. Do you want to live to be 100?
ask me when i am halfway there ok?
31. Do you think women should be expected to shave their body hair?
not expected. that’s idiotic.
32. Do you like salty food or sugary food the most?
i enjoy the combination of both. mmmm. but salty wins.
33. Is a flat stomach important to you?
who wrote this? no, a flat stomach is not the way nature made me.
34. Do you or have you played with a ouija board?
35. Are you loyal?
to the bitter bitter end.
36. Are you tolerant of other people’s beliefs?
sometimes to a fault.
37. When you watch movies at home, do you like the lights on or off?
a little light, please.
38. Do you believe in magic?
writer of the survey loses points. now i have that dorky song in my head and am refusing to answer in protest.
39. Do you have nightmares frequently?
not frequently. but damn, when i do . . .
40. Do you like your nose?
i like having it. as noses go it’s pretty plain. straight. tiny. british.
41. Do you like abstract art?
some. hate rothko. hate.
42. Do you think you can draw well?
I can. It just takes practice. I teach drawing for that reason.
43. Do you listen to music daily?
not intentionally, but i think it happens.
44. Do you like to watch cartoons?
45. At what age did you find out that Santa Claus wasn’t real?
I don’t think I ever really thought there was a Santa. And if I did finding out otherwise wasn’t traumatic enough to remember.
46. How many pairs of shoes do have in your closet?
too damn many.
47. Do you like to wear the same shoes everyday or do you like a variety?
I usually wear sandals (combat-ish boots in the winter.) When I work I wear stupid shoes. I have lots of funky shoes for the variety factor.
48. Do you write poetry?
yes, in phases.
49. Do you snore?
50. Do you sleep more on your back, front, or sides?
on my stomach. don’t worry i keep one knee up to relieve pressure on my back.
51. Would you rather have a poodle or a rottweiler?
a poodle. but they’re yippy. neither, really.
52. Do you lick stamps?
not unless i have to.
53. Do you use an electric can opener?
i have. about half the time, i think.
54. Have you ridden in a hot air balloon?
55. Which hurts the most, physical or emotional pain?
I don’t think one hurts more. They certainly both have their degrees of intensity.
56. Do you think balding men should shave their heads?
it depends on the pattern. but it really doesn’t make a difference to me.
though some people look good with their head shaved, balding or not.
57. Do you know anyone who is clinically depressed?
58. Do you prefer a piano or a violin?
ooooh. they both have their place but i love bowed string instruments. yuummm.
59. Are you a sex addict?
60. Do you know someone who has cancer?
61. Do you hunt?
I haven’t in a very long time.
62. Do you like fast food joints, or expensive restaurants?
I would never choose fast food. That doesn’t mean I don’t eat a lot or enjoy it occasionally.
64. Do you have a middle name?
65. Are you basically a happy person?
eh. I think I have it too good not to be. I can think of things that would make me happ-ier.
66. Are you tired?
now? not really.
67. Did you drink anything with caffeine in it today?
68. Have you ever met anyone off the internet?
69. How many phones do you have in your house?
one. and my cell.
70. How long is your hair?
71. Do you get along with your parents?
I think I am closer to my parents as individuals than a lot of people. I am an only child, so we have sibling vibes as adults.
72. What color of eyes do you prefer?
no preference. I have seen strikingly beautiful eyes of all colors and shades.
73. Are you an active person?
energetic, yes. active no.
74. What medications do you take?
paxil. originally prescribed for numbness related to lyme disease. and anxiety-wise it helped me through being really sick. I have cut my dosage in half in the last few months, though.
75. What does your bedroom look like?
a mess. piles of clothes on shelves. queen size, faux-iron frame. huge poster from bertolucci’s the dreamers.