1. My full name is Heidi Marie Gardner. If I was a boy I would have been Bream Kent. Yes, like the fish. That was my great grandfather’s name and his mother’s maiden name together. They were from South Africa. I kinda wish mom would have named me that anyway. Oh, well. So, I am Heidi. You know, braids, goat cheese and a friend named Peter.
2. I was born in Maryland but raised right over the border (which happens to be the Potomac River) in Keyser, West Virginia.
3. I love small spaces. Unfortunately, I am also a pack rat. The two things don’t really jive all that well. But as a kid I was the QUEEN of blanket forts.
4. I am an only child. So is my mom. So I am also an only grandchild on her side.
5. I have been a dancer my entire life. My training was primarily as a tap dancer early on. I danced in a kick line. (My teacher had been a rockette back in the 30’s.)
6. I am currently househunting AND just got hired to sell real estate. Do you think maybe all those hours of Home and Garden Television have affected my brain? LOL.
7. I chose to attend college instead of doing a European Tour of the musical HAIR.
8. I have lots of education and lots of DEBT. 🙂
My undergraduate degree is in ART with a minor in Theatre and Communications and my graduate work was in Theological Studies.
9. I was born on October 30, 1975.
10. I got married on March 18, 2000.
11. One of my favorite foods as a child was liver and onions. How’s that for bizarre?
12. I have three kitties. Baby, Jack and Jill. Last year my parents adopted a momma kitty, Katie (aka Katie-bug) and her FIVE kittens: Sneakers, Goldilocks (who I insist on calling Punkinhead, to my mother’s dismay), Baby, Gemini, and Addy (the political correct nickname of the cat my father named Adolf Hitler because it’s black and white markings include a little black hitler-esque mustache!)
13. I am a painter whose most recent distraction/obsession is jewelry-making.
14. My favorite job was working at Blockbuster Video. Who can beat 5 movies free a week and getting new releases a week in advance? It was especially great since I didn’t have cable.
15. I went through a phase when I was little where I was completely infatuated with Colonial America. For example, I slept in a night cap and read by candlelight. Truly freakish, no?